Procedure for Rain Water Drainage Pipe Installation
Install the piping as per the following sequence and instructions.
- During the slab work necessary sleeves must be provided as per the approved drawings.
- Before start of the work ensure the clearance from the civil contractor for the area, where the piping works to be carried out.
- Remove the pipe sleeve provided for rain water outlet during the slab work.
- Check the roof water proofing details.
- Make sure the rain water outlets are approved and of correct size.
- Install the approved quality rain water outlet as per the specification and approved drawings.
- Fix the supports/brackets in proper intervals as per the standard or as per drawing details, with approved supporting materials for vertical rain water Pipes
- Install the vertical rain water drain pipes as per the approved drawings.
- Check with plumb level for verticality of the pipes during & after installation.
- Make all the supports rigid afterconfirming the plumb level.
- Provide clean-outs at every change of direction and as per drawing.
- In order to test the leakage close all openings and fill the pipe with water or smoke whatever is required by customer.
- Inspect the joints for any visible leakage or use soap water.
- If found any leakage repair it and retest the leakage.
- Offer the work for inspection from client.